Anyways, the part I enjoyed most about this bread is that it is no-knead. It's not that I'm anti-knead, it just takes a long time and gets the kitchen very messy when I knead bread. Overall, there's really nothing on this recipe that doesn't scream easy, tasty, and healthy!
Homemade Whole Wheat Focaccia Bread
3-1/4 cups flour
1 envelope rapid rise yeast
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup warm (not hot) water
Crisco/Pam for greasing
1. Add flour, yeast, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the water to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
3. Grease the 9x13 pan.
4. Add the dough mixture to the pan and even it out throughout the pan. If one section is thicker or thinner than the others it will cause baking issues later.
5. Cover with a towel and put in a warm area.
6. Wait 30 minutes.
7. By now, the dough should have risen and almost doubled in size. Poke holes throughout the risen dough and drizzle olive oil over the entire dough.
8. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and cheese over dough.
9. Cover with a towel again.
10. Wait 30 minutes.
11. Dough will have risen again. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. I'm just going to disclaimer that I live at a high altitude. I actually baked at 350 degrees for more like 35 minutes and it worked for me. I'm guesstimating for a sea-level baking time.
Serve when warm. Tastes really good when paired with more olive oil and Parmesan cheese for dipping. I can't eat too much cheese, but I tried it with just a bit and it hit the spot!