Sunday, January 27, 2013

Treadmill Intervals

Recently I stepped on the scale and freaked out. I looked at the number and realized it was a solid 10 pounds higher than the day I got married. I thought to myself "What happened?!?" It hasn't even been a year!!

So, I panicked.

And I downloaded MyFitnessPal on my phone.

And I promised myself that I'd become friends with working out again.

And I started running again.

I have a love/hate relationship with running. I always feel really good after a run, but I never want to start one. And after months of ignoring the treadmill, I wasn't nearly in as good of shape as I thought. I tried my hardest to finish a 5k on it and nearly died making it in 43 minutes.

Needless to say, a plan needed to be developed. So, I put on my thinking cap and have been working on creating a series of Treadmill Interval plans. Intervals are easier for me because they give me a moment to catch my breath before picking up the pace. The one posted below definitely helped me start back up again. I'll be posting more of these throughout the week.

I hope you love this one as much as I do. This has kicked my butt, in a good way!

What do you do when you fall off the workout bandwagon and need to kick in in gear again?

No comments:

Post a Comment