Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bangin' Broccoli

So, I've seen a variety of these going around Pinterest recently, so I decided to try a simpler version. This was SO STINKIN' EASY! And, more importantly, SO STINKIN' DELICIOUS!

Seriously, I mean, I like broccoli, but this makes it taste so so good. Salty, sweet, and oh so good.

Let's start with the ingredients:

Cooking spray
Broccoli (frozen or fresh)
Salt
Pepper
The squirrrels are my salt and pepper shakers. I love them! My sister got them for me for Christmas. It's a long story, but, my friends and I send each other squirrel things every year. My family caught on to this and have now added to my squirrel collection. You should be jealous. They're pretty cool.

Instructions are also so stinkin' easy.

1. Spray cookie tray and spread broccoli out on tray.
2. Spray broccoli with a little extra spray and then coat in salt and pepper to taste. It should look similar to below.

3. Put in oven at 450 degrees for 15-30 minutes. Broccoli are done with ends start to blacken.
4. Pull out, allow to cool slightly, and add more salt and pepper to taste.

I found that it also reheats fairly well. My husband will not eat broccoli at all, so I couldn't finish it all at once. I popped some in the microwave later, and, voila! Utterly delicious and even easier to make.

Believe me when I say these are bangin'! I cannot wait to share them with my family. They'd be a perfect way to get kids to start eating their veggies, a great party tray to pass, delicious appetizer, and, even better, great with dinner!

So, go ahead, try them! You know you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment